1000 East 11th Street, Kansas City, MO
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Responsible for scheduling and dispatch of Fireplace crews
- Serves as escalation point for technical issues with Fireplace Service or Fireplace Installation orders
- Communicates status of orders and schedule to clients and salesperson
- Responsible for safety and best practices of Fireplace division
- Verification and accountability of correct and accurate installer usage of inventory, tools and vehicles
- Works in the field when needed to service and install Fireplaces
- Supervises and Coaches employees constantly to improve technical knowledge, quality and service
- Uses technical knowledge of Fireplace product line to assist Salespeople and when needed directly with clients.
- Tracks and monitors inventory and make purchasing decision for division
- Accountable for financial performance of division including gross margin and inventory efficiency
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Aptitude – The position requires the ability to troubleshoot fireplace installations and mechanical issues.
- Detail Oriented / Excellent organizational skills – The position requires consistent management of detailed requirements and precise execution of decisions concerning schedules, products, job sites, purchase orders, and costs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in order to maintain the highest level of professionalism and service with subordinates, peers and clients via various communication channels including email, phone, and text message
- Computer and software aptitude – The position will require the competent use of provided software in order to track schedules, orders, job costs, inventory and purchase orders.
- Coaching and leadership skills will be needed in order to successfully coach, manage and motivate the employees in your division
- Must be able to build and maintain trusting relationships with customers, vendors/suppliers, employees, and management.
- 2 years experience in a management or supervisor position
- 1 year experience in a mechanical or technician position
Preferred. One or more of the following are very helpful:
- Experience as a service technician in Fireplaces
- Experience as a service technician in a similar industry (e.g HVAC)
- Experience in a client facing role
- Sales experience
- High School or equivalent required
- Further education past high school is not required, but will add to the overall desirability of the candidate
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
- Requires constant (67-100%) mobility around the facility, reading and comprehension, visual acuity, focus for extended periods, mental alertness, oral communication, and decision-making.
- Requires frequent (34-66%) bending, grasping, sitting, reaching, and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires occasional (0-33%) lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, and stooping.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires ability to operate vehicles.
- Requires constant utilization of the telephone, computer, and keyboard.
- Must possess ability and stamina to work extended hours and to maintain full and regular attendance.
- Requires ability to work in front of computer monitor and on keyboard.
- Must be able to perform effectively under pressure in situations requiring last-minute deadlines.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly.
- Requires ability to travel throughout the home community and service area.
Must possess working knowledge of office machines and equipment including, but not limited to: multi-line phone system, computers, computer software, printer, copier and others. Must possess ability to operate tools and equipment used to install and service fireplaces.