Insulation Services in Kansas City, MO & Nashville, TN
For homeowners in Kansas City, MO and Nashville, TN, The Hayes Company is a leading provider of insulation services. Our team has decades of experience in the home improvement industry. Insulation can be a low priority during home construction projects, but insulation is vital to keeping your home efficient and your energy bills low. Our contractors can install or upgrade your home’s insulation to improve comfort levels, ensure a more even temperature distribution throughout your living spaces, and help you save on heating and cooling costs. Our comprehensive insulation services comprise the application of fiberglass insulation, spray foam insulation, cellulose insulation, and more for your entire house. We can install material to insulate your attic, walls, basement, crawl space, and other areas. Peruse answers to some of the frequently asked questions we hear at our convenient showrooms.
How Does Insulation Work?
Effective home insulation resists heat flow, helping to keep warm air inside during the winter and outside during the summer. Heat is drawn toward cooler areas, but proper insulation limits its transfer. As a result, your heating and air conditioning system will not have to work as hard to keep your home in Kansas City, MO, or Nashville, TN at a desirable temperature.
What Types of Insulation do You Offer?
Insulation comes in a variety of different forms. Our team of experts will help you understand the advantages of each so you can make an informed decision for your household. We are proud to provide:
- Spray foam insulation – After spray foam insulation is applied it expands and creates an air barrier that other versions of insulation cannot. This leads to increased comfort, healthier air in your home, and exceptional durability.
- Open-cell spray foam – This type has a softer feel and comprises tiny cells that never completely close.
- Closed-cell spray foam – Because of its tightly-packed closed cells, this form of spray foam is a greater insulator. However, it is pricier than its open cell counterpart.
- Acoustical spray insulation – We can install acoustical spray insulation to meet various acoustical, fire, and thermal requirements for commercial projects.
- Blown-in insulation – This type of insulation is installed with a blowing machine, allowing cellulose insulation and fiberglass insulation to be installed in open spaces of your home or office building, or dense-packed into closed areas. Our blown-in insulation installers have decades’ worth of experience.
- Batt insulation – Typically made from fiberglass, batt insulation is a traditional method of home insulation and is cost effective.
What Areas of My Home Should I Insulate?
It is wise to install insulation throughout your home. You minimize its effects if you only install attic insulation or wall insulation. We can install the right insulation type for your home. Take full advantage of the cost-saving benefits of insulation by ensuring your entire home is insulated with the proper R-value.
Why Is Insulation Beneficial?
Most homeowners know that insulation helps improve comfort levels and reduce energy bills, but it has additional benefits that are often overlooked. Insulation can help reduce sound transfer from outside or other rooms in your home. It can also boost your home’s resale value, and the reduced energy use in a well insulated home decreases your carbon footprint.
How Much Insulation Will I Need?
Every home is different, so every home will need a different amount of insulation. Because our insulation contractors have spent decades in the industry, they are adept at evaluating your home and making accurate recommendations on how much insulation you will need. Contact The Hayes Company for an assessment. We will consider your climate zone, home’s age, HVAC system, and areas in need of insulation to determine your insulation quantity.
What Is R-Value?
R-value is a measurement of how insulation resists heat flow. A product with a high R-value has a higher thermal resistance than a product with a lower R-value. R-value varies based on insulation material, thickness, and density. We will help you select insulation with an R-value that is appropriate for your needs and your project.
Why Should I Hire A Professional Insulation Company?
Insulating a home is no small task. It requires specialized equipment, a wide range of materials and tools, and intricate knowledge of your home’s construction. Our insulation contractors at The Hayes Company are committed to providing unmatched insulation services for homeowners throughout Kansas City, MO and Nashville, TN. Do not try to cut corners and end up with a shoddy result. Let us put our experience to work for you. Contact The Hayes Company for insulation services today.