About The Hayes Company
Insulation Services in Kansas City, Johnson County & Nashville
Since our beginning in 1978, our goal has been to provide the highest quality building products and superior service to our customers throughout the area. We serve homeowners, builders and commercial contractors with our founding principles of honesty and integrity.
We are a family-owned company that grew from a passion for the industry and the belief in doing things right. Here’s a glimpse into our history and what’s brought us to where we are today.
- 1975 – Founder Tom Hayes graduates from The University of Kansas. Begins a career in insulation sales for a Kansas City company.
- 1976 – Tom Hayes moved to Higginsville, Missouri to run a company branch, serving as branch manager.
- 1978 – Tom Hayes opened Hayes Insulation, located in Lenexa, Kansas.
- 1984 – Hayes Insulation relocated to Kansas City, Missouri to a location on Brighton Avenue.
- 1988 – The company added closet shelving to our product line. Today we offer a full range of shelving products including wire shelving and melamine products.
- 1990 – Tom Hayes joined the Board of Directors of ICAA, where he served until 1992.
- 1993 – Hayes Insulation began adding fireplaces to its product line.
- 2001 – Hayes Insulation joined the National Insulation Contractor’s Exchange where we continue to be a member.
- 2002 – Zac Hayes joined Hayes Insulation. Zac currently serves as Vice President.
- 2003 – Hayes Insulation added mirrors and shower doors to its product line.
- 2004 – Hayes Insulation added spray foam insulation to its insulation division.
- 2004 – Hayes Insulation officially changed its name to The Hayes Company.
- 2006 – The Hayes Company moved to its current location in downtown Kansas City.
- 2010 – Phil Hayes joined The Hayes Company. Phil currently serves as Chief Financial Officer.
- 2016 – Tom Hayes was elected to the Board of Directors of the National Insulation Contractor’s Exchange.
- 2017 – The Hayes Company upgraded its facility to solar power. A solar energy system was added to the building, from which excess energy is sold back to the power grid.
- 2018 – Added second location in Nashville, TN.
- 2019 – Tim Hayes joins The Hayes Company as Chief Operating Officer.
- 2019 – Merged with Gaylord Glass.
PHIL, TOM AND ZAC HAYES